ORGUES DE PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt ACCUEIL D-R
This church replaced a wooden chapel built in 1834. It
was built in 1895-1898 by the architect Félix Paumier.
The facade is neo-romanesque. In 1972, the church was
horizontally split. The second floor became the church
itself and on the first floor several rooms were created.
The organ of this church was built in 1898 by Joseph
Merklin (buffet made by Felix Paumier). A restauration
(respecting the original work of Merklin) was carried
out by Muhleisen in 1995. In 2009, the two wind
reservoirs were restorated. Thus this organ can be seen
as a truly authentic example of the works of Merlin.
This organ was the last instrument made by Joseph
Merklin before his retirement in 1890 and a show-case
for his new system of pneumatic transmissions.
Noël Hazebroucq et al.
Service with organ